Thursday, June 10, 2010

Wait a minute...

First of all whats up with Miley Cyrus. Lil good girl now turned bad. She was performing during "family time" on TV and she supposedly pretended to kiss a girl? Huh?? Our children (lol) had to see this on national TV during family time where shows like Britain's got Talent, Barney and so forth play. And how skimpy are the outfits she is wearing now? Little leather shorts, the highest studded heels, the most revealing outfits in town. Whats wrong with her? Soon we gonna hear she in rehab. I promise! Just watch. Mashura chaiwo.

Ok, now that's out of the way.

FIFA WC

The excitement is brewing like rapidly. Only a few hours left for kick off. People are wearing their South African soccer jerseys. My colleague has one written "Rude Boy" at the back (take it, take it, take it...). I shall be singing that song in his face till he turns purple. And people are bloody blowing their vuvuzelas everywhere! If I had one also I wouldn't be complaining, but I don't, so until I get one please take it easy on the vuvuzelas. Poor visitors. Their ears wont be the same when they go back to their countries. I wonder what their view on the vuvuzelas and the outrageous outfits will be. But one things is for sure, South Africans are very happy, hard hand shaking people (just for a moment try and look past the crime, the strikes and the xenophobia. I am swimming back home people.) They love to love other people, sometimes. Like for example, people that don't even know you can call you sweetie, lovie, darling, my baby and all that. And I don't mean lustfully, I mean just coz its sweet. If you not used to it you will probably think everyone is flirting with you.

Licence to drive

Not that easy to get in South Africa, if you are not South African ofcoz. Things just seem so hard to just do things normally here with out the officials trying to fish you out. Either its procedure or they just want your money.

Not a girl..but not yet a woman

So one of my close friends is dating a sixteen year old and he is, wait for it....26. No, is there something wrong with me or is this really a no no. Please tell me if i am over reacting. This is just so wrong in many ways. This is how the conversation went. Please note I copied this straight from my inbox:

Him - Remember that 16 year old i told you about? Well....

Me - No u didn't!!

Him - I tried to stop. But she didn't make it easy.
She seemed a whole lot more confident this time.
I guess she went home after our previous encounter and thought long and hard to herself.

Me - Oh my word! You are such a paedophile
I have no words for you!

I will leave it here coz the rest is unbelievable. You do the math for yourself, you will figure out what he "tried to stop". But if I am being unreasonable then drop me one and tell me where exactly I am being naive . I still don't think its good for him to do this, for her sake. But he thinks she is the one coz she is young, beautiful and inexperienced. And she is obviously head over heels coz she is 16. I have so much to say on this but let me shut my trap.

In Other News...

The Apple iphone 4 is out! It is BEAUTIFFFFFFFFFUL!!!
The Nokia N8 is its competitor coz its got a 12mega pixel camera and all that. But I'm more for looks, so I will stick to the ever so beautiful iphone 4. Lovely piece of art that.

On that note, have a lovely FIFA month. I'm not a soccer fan, but I loooove the players. ;)

Words of wisdom - There is no high like the Most High.

xxx

2 comments:

Shona Vixen said...

Miley Cyrus - always will be the annoying Hannah Montana to me!!Gosh that show annoyed me and I felt so angry that my lil cousins had to watch that for 'entertainment'!Booo

iphone4 - I have the iphone3GS and will be upgrading because I tell ya..iphone ROCKS!! Yay team #iphone.

hmmmm 26year old dating a 16 year old!!!hmmmm...she's still a teenager and he's an adult!

Teshyah said...

Shona, Miley is jus shocking really. I never really liked her but the fact that tiny kids love her and the act she is putting up isnt really a good example. Booooo for shiz!
I AM SO JEALOUS!!! The iphone4 isnt in SA yet. When are you getting yours? Please brag when you do (yes i am asking you to).
You mean she is a child and he is a grown ass man? Tell me about it.


Thanks for oozing some lurv on my page
xxx