Monday, February 15, 2010

I still hate Mondays...



Sooooo...


I woke up, late, to find that my bathroom was flooded with water. The girls did their washing yesterday (lots of it!) and they "cleverly" put some wet clothes in one of those washing baskets that have holes on them. And they "thoughtfully" put it on the floor only to create a wonderful mess.















I woke up and with my eyes fully closed, made my way to the bathroom, feeling my path the whole way there. And then I tried to switch the light on. Flick...flick....flick, flick,flick!! Stupid! Your eyes are closed, then I laughed at my self and opened them all the time hoping to see light & I thought "Oh freaking hell, the light is out!!" As I stepped in, my toes sunk in the water that was gracing my bathroom floor. I said oh freaking hell!! Not freaking plumbing freaking problems again! Before I could step in again, I decided to switch the kitchen light and the dining room light on. And Lo' behold, all the lights were not working!



I screamed for the girls to wake up and remove the mess they had after all made and they had to prepare for school anyway. So I sat in the dark bedroom, coz I don't have candles, and waited for them to finish so that I can wash my face, and....there wasn't any water! I promise today was born to be bad. Good thing it was the whole area that didn't have water and lights not just me...but that doesn't make it ok! And anyway I was late!ARGGHHHH, so I hustled for some drops of water from the kettle, and there was just enough for my face.


We were all grumpy in the house. No one spoke to anyone till I left then I heard one of the girls say under their breath before I opened the door "bye". And my response was "yah". Now when I answer a greeting or any question by saying "yah" then you know hell is breaking loose in my head! So I left the house.


....without a jersey and I was freezing as I was walking towards my transport. I kicked myself. I wasn't gonna go back, I had already come so far (5 steps from the house). So I walked.

But then it dawned upon me that yes indeed Monday did start out horrible! It did. But does it have to end that way? I guess its my choice right. I don't think I will let my whole day be messed coz of me not bathing (I did wipe), and me choosing the wrong outfit (coz I couldn't see in the dark).

I WILL have a good day! And maybe someday I can actually learn to love me Mondays... lets work with this one for now.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sha sorry hey, hope your day gets better!

Teshyah said...

So far so good hun :)
I call all of the above "minor gliches"
Noone got hurt so as far as I am concerned, its been a good day, ;)

Hop you had a fab weekend hun

xxx