Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Valentines is coming up...





...and I am dead broke!


I don't know what to do. I promise I didn't spend too much this month, God is my witness. I really wanted to get him this other Timberland boot he really needed I actually mean "wanted". Those things are gonna leave a hole in my pocket. I think I will buy them for his birthday in March. I mean then I can combine the birthday and valentine gift together, yes? Maybe not. *sigh*

I was thinking....nah let me not. (yeh exactly what you are thinking, good idea but..)

I want a cheap good idea that doesn't involve money. Flip! This is gonna be harder than I thought. I know he is getting me something and I am gonna feel bad not giving him anything unless I consider something which is what I really don't wanna end having to consider...Argh!
Ok, so my man and I have dated for two complicated years and known each other for 3. We dated in 2007 broke up in 2008 and dated again in 2009 till to date. What happened is a long sad story which i will probably speak about in another post. So, neh, during the times we dated we always seemed to break up (you know the small fights and then the girl screams "its over" then the break up lasts for two days then we kiss and make up?) around our birthdays and valentines. so we never really bought each other gifts around those times coz there was no need to.
Now there is no sign of us breaking up for Valentines! What do I do coz it had become tradition to break up during special days. Maybe he has forgotten.. Do I remind him?.. lol. Hint for a small break when the 13 of Feb hits!
What do ya'll have planned? Maybe I can steal from your ideas or maybe one of ya'll can steal from mine, breaking up is easy! Just kiddin :)

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Hey first time here, thanks for stopping by my blog.Stop breaking up with him/each other if you are serious about your relationship.
For cheap valentines day, if you can cook something different. Or cook sometihing you normally cook and add something different to it.Buy him a card and write something sweet for him on it. Buy him a boxer, wrap it up. The point is not about spending money. Rather making it sweet, memorable and romantic. Buy strawberry and a nice drink. Feed him with it.. get the idea.. wink. Make love to him the way he will never forget.. let him be the king on the night. please him.. Please I have lots of ideas.. I will be back.

Teshyah said...

LOL Andrea, thanks so much for dropping by. I hop you will stay. Us breaking up during the important days wasnt planned. We were kids then but now we have grown so dont worry about that.

I love all your ideas esp the last one...wink! hehehe, will definetly consider them. And I love cooking so cooking is also a great idea!

Thanks a lot hun, bring some more ides when you come back.

Much love
xxx

Shona Vixen said...

Ok m soo not a Valentine's Day person but I co-sign what @Andrea said 'stop breaking up with each other' ...

Teshyah said...

Hey Shona
We dont do that no more. We used to, lol!

But we now serious abt each other, so no nore breakups forever.

Girl Guide's Hounor! *saluting* :)

Vimbai said...

By the sounds of it, you've both stablised, hehehe. Actively try and keep the peace this Valentines (bad habits are hard to break) and go all out with the inexpensive, lovey gestures.

Have an awesome weekend chica!

No said...

You might need to seriously consider plan "P" (lol)

No seriously what are his interest? men don't really take valentines day as serious as women do you could easily get this day over by just being attentive to him. I think if you cook for him and give him a niche back rub you've met the v day quota. of course you have to make this TOTALLY about him dress it up with some nice wordings hand written card/ instructions ...

of course if all of this fails... go to plan P!

Blessings
No